Alerus Center, the region’s largest convention and meeting facility, is one of the crown jewels of the Upper Midwest. This seamless complex is the obvious choice for your next meeting or convention.
- 160,000 sq. ft. of convention and trade show space.
- 20,000 sq. ft. pre-function hallway.
- 12 individual meeting rooms ranging from 600-1,300 sq. ft. for a total of 11,000 sq. ft.
- Extravagant 30,000 sq. ft. ballroom with 22 feet of ceiling height, divisible into 5 smaller, contiguous ballrooms for a more intimate setting.
- 100,000 sq. ft. trade show floor with a state-of-the-art acoustical design.
- Full-service kitchen and a full-time chef preparing culinary creations for a top-quality dining and catering experience.
- Home to the University of North Dakota football team
Alerus Center, Grand Forks’ premier entertainment and convention facility, is the culmination of many years of hard work by the leaders and visionaries in the area. Although most public facilities of this type face an uphill battle in getting funding approval, Alerus Center also overcame a second public vote of confidence, a historic 210-year flood, a redesign, and a roof collapse before becoming the jewel of the Grand Forks crown in February of 2001.
Alerus Center has become everything it was envisioned to be – an exciting place for residents to enjoy a variety of entertainment activities and a superior convention facility that generates sales tax dollars for the community. It is because of the vision and hard work of many, many people over the years that resulted in its completion.